K.C. and Michelle Woolf

Family blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Book Review - Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury

The part of this book I found most interesting is Bradbury's prophesy that our technology would somehow replace our real relationships. The image Montag's wife, Midred, sitting in the "parlor", between 3 screen walls, talking to ...her "family" - the interactive characters on television, is haunting. I know people who have sacrificed their marriages and their family for their internet community pseudo relationships. I say this as I write on a blog that few people will read.

1 comment:

mce said...

hi KC. i am your dad's cousin. i found your blog a few months ago. love reading about your book list and the reviews. i enjoyed fahrenheit 451, a long time ago. keep reading! i have been working on my book list, since finding yours. it is interesting. thanx marilyn c e